The asking rent does not include charges that may be payable before and/or during the duration of the tenancy, therefore you may be required to make one or more of the following permitted payments:
- A refundable holding deposit (up to 1 week’s rent)
- A refundable tenancy deposit (up to 5 weeks’ rent (or 6 weeks’ rent if the annual rent is £50,000 or more))
- A payment to alter the tenancy agreement, when requested by the tenant (up to £50 inc VAT, or reasonable costs incurred if higher)
- Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy when requested by the tenant
- Interest, at a rate of up to 3% above the Bank of England’s base rate, for late payment of rent (which is more than 14 days overdue)
- A default fee for the replacement of a lost key or security device
- Payments to service providers in respect of utilities, communication services, TV licence and council tax
- Other payments, permitted under appropriate legislation, including damages.
A letting or property management agent in England must also be a member of a property redress scheme and a member of a client money protection scheme. For further information, or a copy of their membership certificates, please contact the agent directly.